Audiologists - Hearing Specialists
Diagnoses, evaluates and treats hearing diseases and communication problems.
Audiologists offer the following services:
- Specialise in evaluating and treating people with hearing loss.
- Conduct a wide variety of tests to determine the exact nature of an individual’s hearing problem.
- Provide hearing aid assessments and fitting with fully independent advice and access to the latest hearing aid technology including assistive listening devices.
- This also includes repairs and services for existing hearing aid users.
- Assess hearing and identify hearing loss in children of any age. This includes newborn and infant hearing screening and diagnostic hearing tests with young children.
- Provide hearing therapy and fit hearing aids on babies and young children with hearing loss.
- Provide assessment of balance to evaluate dizziness and offer rehabilitation training.
- Advice on hearing conservation and provision of state-of-the-art hearing protection including working in noisy environments, musician hearing protection and shooting.
- Provision of all custom fit moulds including swim moulds, sleepfits, custom ipod and headphone fittings, mobile phones and any other custom fittings.
- Auditory processing disorders including diagnosis and management for both children and adults
- Tinnitus measures and management strategies including provision of white noise generators and advice on sound enrichment.
- Refer patients to a medical doctor or and an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist when the hearing problem needs medical or surgical intervention.
- Home or hospital ward visits on request